Singapore is one of the most popular stopover destinations in the world and it is easy to see why with its abundance of sights, shopping, food as well as its safety make this an ideal place to spend a few days.
Ecruising has been offering Singapore stopover itineraries as part of Asia or Europe packages for many years and, in doing so, have been able to create and foster relationships with some of the best hotels and suppliers in the city benefiting our guests. Below are some of our highlighted hotels:
Hotel Jen Tanglin by Shangri-La
Hotel Jen, a modern and fun hotel, is located within walking distance to Orchard Road and it's myriad of dining and shopping venues as well as the UNESCO heritage Botanical Gardens.
On site services and facilities include a restaurant and bar, outdoor pool, wi-fi throughout the property, 24-hour room service as well as having direct undercover access to Tanglin Mall with its many shops and eating options.
The Fullerton Hotel sits in one of the most advantageous locations in Singapore. Once housing the General Post Office, this grand neo-classical building is now a beautiful hotel offering luxury accommodation and various dining and shopping experiences within walking distance.
On-site services and facilities include fine dining restaurants with cuisine from around the world, an infinity pool, wi-fi throughout the property, luxury boutique stores and a rooftop bar set against the stunning backdrop of Marina Bay.
One of the most iconic hotel names in the world, step back in time and experience the old-world charm and luxury of the newly renovated Raffles Singapore. From its central location on the corner of Beach and Bras Basah Roads, to its world-famous Long Bar where the Singapore Sling was invented, this hotel is an experience in itself.
On-site services and facilities include fine dining restaurants with cuisine from around the world, the world-famous Long Bar, Raffles Spa and wi-fi throughout the property.
Singapore has so much to offer as a stopover destination and it will take more than one trip to see it all. Among the many highlights of the city are:
- The UNESCO World Heritage Botanical Gardens – these gardens are 161 years old and you can easily spend a few hours wandering around taking in the stunning scenery.
- Little India – a personal favourite, walk among the colourful jewellery stores, tailor shops and restaurants in this small piece of India in the middle of Singapore.
- Chinatown – Chinatown's maze of narrow roads includes Chinatown Food Street, with its restaurants serving traditional Chinese fare. Souvenir shops and indie boutiques dot the area, offering clothes, crafts and antiques, while Club Street is full of trendy wine bars.
- Gardens by the Bay - Located by the Marina Bay Waterfront and spanning 101 hectares, Gardens by the Bay is home to tranquil gardens and unique spaces. An oasis in the city!
- Dempsey Hill – a former army barracks which has now been transformed into a shopping, dining and entertainment destination.
- Boat and Clarke Quays – Great options when it comes to casual dining, lots of outdoor casual restaurants are located here, most specializing in Chili Crab
- Orchard Road, ION shopping center and Marina Bay Sands shopping mall – For any shopaholics a trip to Singapore would not be complete without a visit to one of these shopping hotspots.
Suggested 3-day Stopover Itinerary
Welcome to Singapore! On arrival our local team will meet you in the arrivals hall and transfer you to your accommodation. The rest of the day is at your leisure, why not celebrate your arrival with a Singapore Sling in the place it was created, the Long Bar at Raffles Hotel.
There are a wide variety of tour options for Singapore, if it is your first time here why not do a half-day city tour to take in the highlights of the city including the Botanical Gardens, Little India, Chinatown and a walk around Merlion Park on the waterfront.
If you have been to Singapore before there are still so many things to experience from exploring Kempong Gelam (Muslim Quarter) and all its amazing restaurants and cafes to a night safari at Singapore Zoo, even a second or third visit to the city will uncover more hidden gems! With the great relationship we have with our local team we can curate any sightseeing required.
Depending on when you depart on your flight or cruise, if you have some time in the morning go on a leisurely walk through the Gardens by the Bay before your departure. At the designated time you will be collected from your hotel and transferred to the airport for your onward flight or down to the cruise port!