In a time like this, I'm sure I'm not the only one reminiscing on old travels around the world. I wanted to share with you all, my top 5 reasons why I travel.
- Why stay in one city when you can travel to 100’s all over the world!? I believe travelling is not just about seeing a different city, it is also about what you learn when you are there. They all have so much history and it can be done in a way that you are learning as you go whilst seeing it all for yourself. To see how each city differs, experiencing daily lives and how the cities run so differently to how you do at home, can be such an eye-opener and make you realise things you had never realised before. I feel just reading something in a book or seeing pictures is certainly not as interesting as experiencing it first hand!!!
- Travel is not just about going to see a new place, it is about what you learn about yourself whilst you are off travelling around the world. Travel is not always straight forward, there can complications and challenges that can make you come to a temporary stop. Along with these situations, you learn how you can take them on and end up finding your ways around things you never thought you could. I come home finding a better me and get to take time to think back and how a challenge I experienced changed my life!!
- Travelling makes me appreciate everything I have. Sometimes you are mired in your daily life, and it's very easy to lose sight of what you have. I find when I am at home, I don’t see what’s really special about it all until I am exploring another city in another country that then gives me appreciation about my own home. When I am back I get to sit there and think “I am so lucky to live where I do” and then see that there really is no place like home.
4. Majority of the time when I travel overseas, I am gone for a lengthy amount of time. As much as I love getting to see all these amazing places and get to be lucky enough to be in a position where I can travel, it makes me miss my friends and family back at home. I believe travelling strengthens relationships with people who you love, as it gives you the time to miss them and reflect how lucky you are to have the people in your life! Though it is not always about missing the ones you love, its also about the times when you do travel with your friends and family. Being away from that everyday job, you become relaxed and, in good times, it can make you realise why you have these important people in your life. Travelling can always strengthen your relationships because you are focused on each other and you are out learning and experiencing the world together!
5. The biggest thing for me when it comes to travel, is getting to escape! For someone like myself, who works a full-time job, being in that same routine every day, it truly does tire me out. I truly believe that you appreciate nothing more than when you are packing a bag to go on a holiday. The excitement and happiness it can bring, is a feeling that cannot be explained! You get to escape reality for a while, and recharge so you can come back refreshed and ready to start it all again. Though sometimes I feel my holiday can always go that little bit longer as I am sure we all do!!